WPS method of installing NETGEAR range extender is considered much easier then manual method.
In WPS method installation process gets completed just by pressing WPS button on both range extender and network router.
This is the reason why this method is also named as Push N Connect method.
The process of installing extender using WPS method is that simple that there remains no space for issue to be arisen during installation process.
As this is Push N Connect method you does not need to login mywifiext.net webpage at any step of installation.
While installing extender by WPS method your range extender will attain same password as your network router has.
But as per security point of view, it is always recommended that your home router and NETGEAR extender must be having different password.
Here comes usage of this local webpage.
To change password of your extender network you will be needed to login into mywifiext.net
Steps involved in changing password of extender network are:
1. Connect any client device with extender network. For this select extender network at list of wireless networks. Then you will be asked to enter password. Here you have to enter password same as your router has.
2. Once link between range extender and router gets established you will be required to launch web browser.
3. Enter www.mywifiext.net in address bar of web browser.
4. After entering credentials, you will be logged in. Default username is admin and default password is password.
5. Here go to Setup and then to Wireless Setting.
6. Here you can change password as well as security type.
In this way, we can conclude that it is right to say that we do not need this local webpage while installing NETGEAR range extender by WPS method. But once installation process gets completed and we want to change any configuration of extender then www.mywifiext.net webpage is the only way out to do so.