Connecting two routers to a home network would be a better idea. Connecting both of them will double the range of your existing WiFi network and gives the maximum number of connections that can be handled by your Internet easily. Uniting two routers with each other is not a big task. It can easily be done with the help of an Ethernet cable. Not only this, a router is also helpful in completing the task of the Extender Setup successfully. For this, you just have to apply the following.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and take it to the spot where you have placed your extender and the router.
- Connect them. Avoid fluctuation and high/ low voltage.
- After that, plug both of your devices.
- Connecting both the devices to each other with the help of an Ethernet cable, you will see blinking green lights on your range extender.
- Now, what you have to do, go to your computer/laptop and bring it closer to the extender. If it is already, then ignore this step.
- Turn your computer on. Launch a web browser. First of all, make your device rid of malware, malicious files, cache, cookie, and browsing history.
- Hope you have successfully opened a web browser. Now, you can type mywifiext.net into field of the address bar.
Note: If you see an error message while login, try using another web browser. Also, remember that the process of Range extender router setup is only to be done in a personal WiFi (hotspot).
5 things that you supposed to get rid off
- Your devices shouldn’t be overheated. Do not load your device with malicious files and malware.
- Setup Extender Router away from the interference creating devices. If possible, place it at the center location of your house. Such devices would be your household use appliances, electronic gadgets, neighboring smart devices or electronic gadgets etc.
- Do not use the old technology of router and modem firmware.
- Do not receive heat from router instead of live signals. Place it in an open, cool, and dry place.
- Disable all your smart devices including metal appliances, electronic gadgets during the process of configuration.
Guidelines to connect the Wireless Router with the Existing one
- Consider which will be your chief Router
First of all, you have to decide, which would be the main router. This will suppose to connect either to a wall socket or to the existing modem. In case, you have the same routers, it hardly matters which one you pick.
- Consider deciding the Secondary Router
The second router you consider will be that which will help you in extending the range of your original/existing WiFi network. No matter which one you choose. Always remember, both of them should be updated by the latest version of technology.
- Choose a spot for your Router near to Computer
The initial setup of the process needs both the routers to be placed nearby the router. This procedure will help routers to have an easy access to them. Distance between devices main result in signal or poor connectivity.
- Consider One: LAN to LAN or LAN to WAN
LAN to LAN
This will include the second router and also extends the range of your existing WiFi network. You can also make use of such a connection to share files and data between all the connected smart devices (computer, laptop, and smartphones).
LAN to WAN
This connection will create a second network within the range of the main network, allowing its users to put restrictions on smartphones, computer, and laptop. This process is not helpful in sharing of data and files.
- Configure your First Router
The primary router will suppose to handle the network connected to the Internet. Also, take care of your devices that they are no getting heated. Now, you can launch a web browser and type the IP address of your device into field of the address bar.
- Range Extender Router
When both the devices are properly configured with each other, you will see that the combination of two will spread the range of Internet connectivity to the far corners of the house and even those areas mentioned as dead zones. You can also get step by step guidance, simply by typing mywifiext into field of the address bar.
- Configure the Second Router
First of all, you have to disconnect your first router physically with the computer. Connect the second router to the computer and apply the following.
- Consider changing the IP address of the current device so that it can match with the existing one.
- After that, increase the second-to-last digit by one.
- In case you are creating LAN-to-WAN network, you are forced to change the secondary router’s WAN IP address.
- Be certain that the “Subnet Mask” number matches the digit of your existing or primary router.
It is recommended to get the advice from Netgear experts on toll-free number 1-888-927-4505.